No.11 - 7th January 2007

Webmaster letters previously published on DTELS.Org
Steven Cole
Site Admin

No.11 - 7th January 2007

Post by Steven Cole »

Welcome to the 1st of my Ramblings for 2007

Hello and welcome to the site and thank you for your continued support.

Happy New Year
I do hope you had a great Christmas and New Year and that you are ready to meet the challenges and personal aspirations of 2007. I know my head was not across all the so called New Years Resolutions on the morning of the 1st January after having had much merriment the previous night....

Next Site Update
All being well, the next update should be on or before the 14th January and includes an article on the Job Card System introduced in 1979. I am grateful that Derek Theobald has taken time out to write a descriptive introduction to accompany the booklet and form, which will also be published. I have also received some photos from Mike Phillips and Derek Coombes that will be added to the appropriate photo galleries, so make a point of revisiting the site soon.

Bigger plea for Material!
Since my November ramblings, I have braved the confines of my garage loft area, not an easy task. Much muttering and expletives were heard as I kept banging my head against the roof trusses whilst opening the many boxes up there, only to find in reality that there is very little of consequence left to publish. What remains are many large documents, such as Memorandums, outline procurement specifications and similar material that would involve considerable scanning time and result in some sizeable data files. Whilst meeting my wish to record the Directorate?s history, there has to be a balance struck. A glance at the site statistics would suggest that few people would read, let alone download these files.

Your past feedback has indicated there being a high value in the memories this site has brought back in the form of the Image Library, Personal Re-collections and the broader publications such as Intercom, Link Magazine etc.

If many of the more historical documents have been lost over time, I would at least like to trap the many memories that each of you must still have of your period of service in the organisation. If you can spend a while documenting your thoughts in the form of an e-mail, I would be very happy to publish. Of course, photos are always welcome as they often say more than words.

So please, please, send me what you can and ask your old colleagues or friends if they have pictures or other material for publication.

Finally, I wish you every success in 2007 and remember to keep visiting this site!

Regards

Steven....
7th January 2007