CEDRIC MILLS (WT - CHEVELEY)

This section contains announcements and postings relating to ex-DTELS members of staff who's death has been notified to this forum.
Steven Cole
Site Admin

Message from John Leary

Post by Steven Cole »

Posted on behalf of John Leary

During my years working within the Stanton Region, I came into contact with Cedric many times as he was a highly valued member of the Depot’s main scheme installation team. His work was welcomed by me as both the Northamptonshire and Nottinghamshire VHF schemes were old and overdue for replacement when I and others at the two detachments maintained them. Those wide area VHF schemes certainly needed the changes and improvements that the installation team made to them over the years.

Eventually Nottinghamshire ended up with Pye Radio Link assemblies and what an improvement over the old equipment they turned out to be. Cedric was hard working, very knowledgeable and extremely good company. He had a wonderful sense of humour and it was a pleasure to spend time in his company. After I moved on from Stanton I lost contact with Cedric so I do not know what he did during the remainder of his career. He was one of the many unsung heroes of DTELS and an excellent work colleague. I was extremely sorry to learn of Cedric’s passing and would like to take this opportunity to extend my sincere condolences to Cedric’s wife and family at this very sad time.

John Leary
16th March 2020
Steven Cole
Site Admin

CEDRIC MILLS (WT - CHEVELEY)

Post by Steven Cole »

Posted on behalf of Len Wilcox

It is regret to announce that Cedric Anthony Lloyd Mills peacefully passed away on the 17th February aged 75 years. A loving husband to Patricia. Funeral service to take place at the West Suffolk Crematorium, Abbey Chapel on Thursday 19th March at 14.30 hrs Family flowers only but donations if desired to the British Lung Foundation may be sent c/o L Fulcher, 80 Whiting Street, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP33 1NX. Tel 01284754049

No other information is presently available.