Cranbrook

Topics to this forum should be confined to discussion relating to the depots, sub-depots and outstations
Tom Rawlance

Cranbrook

Post by Tom Rawlance » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:14 am

Well here I am at Cranbrook still here after 23 years and still doing the same job.

Wonder Who else is still about????

Regards Tom Rawlance

David Rumens
Forum Member

Cranbrook

Post by David Rumens » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:21 pm

Hi Tom,

I was at Cranbbrook form 1967 to 1983.

No sign of the Littlehampton guys.

Regards
Dave Rumens

Allan
Forum Member

Post by Allan » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:37 am

Hi Dave and Tom...Allan Crabb here;@ Cranbrook 1977-1981...the good old days...we certainly had the best of them;maybe no flash business plans and monthly reports/spreadsheets...but we simply got on with it and did a good job..Regards Allan

David Rumens
Forum Member

Post by David Rumens » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:46 pm

Hello Allan,

Good to see you are still around. Bet your not retired yet. I wonder what the trends are your end!

Regards
Dave

Allan
Forum Member

catch up

Post by Allan » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:37 am

Hi Dave....retired 2 years ago and live on Isle of Skye....went with cabletel/NTL/Arqiva following privatisation...ended up regional manager south west...Gloucs/Avon/Somerset/Wilts/Devon/Cornwall...as with everything;good and not so good times;but overall was good for me..think you went to vodafone?..are you still active amateur?..I am top band to 2m....
Regards Allan

David Rumens
Forum Member

Post by David Rumens » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:58 pm

Hello Allan,

Will done, sound like all worked out ok after privatisation for you. Ok about your QTH, sound good for amateur radio. Yes I ended up as a principal with Vodafone. Then took early retirement and went to work for another outfit. I work part time now. Hmm-- I know all about business cases, KPI's, etc. As you say we kept the customer happy back then, that was the main thing I guess.

Still active as an amateur (160 to 70cm) this end. Through mostly QRP data modes (WSPR and PSK) due to a poor site. Some CW last year.

Regards
Dave
Dave Rumens

Steven Cole
Site Admin

Post by Steven Cole » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:29 am

Hello Allan

Your posting reminded me that almost 3 years has passed since we last spoke following my five months stint with Arqiva.

Isle of Skye in retirement is a leap of faith, makes my planned move from Hampshire to Devon in the coming months to retire seem rather tame! That said, lovely part of the world. Wife and I visited Mull and Skye in 2006 and spent three weeks last year touring from Oban to the North Coast. Lovely area for those like me interested in photography.

Regards
Steven....

Allan
Forum Member

Post by Allan » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:58 am

Hi Steven...oh yes...been coming to north west scotland for last 30 years and had cottage at Glencoe;so knew what to expect..:-)...certainly those last 3 years have flown by...good wishes for your own proposed move to south west...Devon is very nice;am sure you will enjoy it
Regards Allan

Allan
Forum Member

Re: Cranbrook

Post by Allan » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:59 pm

Just heard Dave Wright and Jeff Alchin reminiscing on 40 metres..both great sigs on Isle of Skye
Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to everyone
Regards Allan Crabb

Steven Cole
Site Admin

Re: Cranbrook

Post by Steven Cole » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:11 pm

Greetings

Now that we have settled in Exmouth I want to get active again on the bands after a break of some 7 years. I recently acquired an FT101Mk3 but need to purchase a decent vertical when I've done some homework on which one to go for.

73's and all the best for 2012
Steven....