PETE KEARNS (SWT - BISHOPS CLEEVE MU)

This section contains announcements and postings relating to ex-DTELS members of staff who's death has been notified to this forum.
Nigel Punchard
Forum Member

Re: PETE KEARNS (SWT - BISHOPS CLEEVE MU)

Post by Nigel Punchard »

Saddened to read this item, thank you Reg for posting. Pete was a super person to have known and I worked with him at Bishops Cleeve, he was at the forefront of the ATE testing setup for handhelds, along with Michael Meredith, they were very much into the blossoming age of computers. Pete came and stayed with us for a while, during the time of his marriage breakup, and visited us on a few occasions after we moved to Midsomer Norton and I worked out of the Corston Depot. He was indeed a very talented musician, and played many local venues, it was a pleasure to have known him. RIP.
Steven Cole
Site Admin

PETE KEARNS (SWT - BISHOPS CLEEVE MU)

Post by Steven Cole »

It is with regret to announce that I have been notified by Reg Street that he had recently heard that Pete Kearns sadly died on 7th August 2016 from an aneurism. The funeral ceremony took place at Cheltenham Crematorium South Chapel on Monday 22nd August at 11.15am.

Pete was just 62 years old. He was a SWT at Bishop's Cleeve MU but was seconded to Weyhill where he worked on the automatic testing and QA system for handhelds, which was so successfully deployed at Cleeve and Kippax. When Cleeve closed down he worked for Virgin Media and more recently for the Ambulance Service. Pete was a talented musician playing guitar in many local groups. Pete leaves a wife, Susan.