ROY HODGKINSON MBE (RWE - BRIDGEND)

This section contains announcements and postings relating to ex-DTELS members of staff who's death has been notified to this forum.
Steven Cole
Site Admin

Funeral Arrangements

Post by Steven Cole »

Posted on behalf of Paddy Kelly

"I have received the following details for the funeral of Roy Hodgkinson MBE from his wife Beryl:

Date: Wednesday 17th January 2024
Time 11.30 am
Venue: Bridgend Coychurch Crematorium (Coity Chapel), Simonston Rd, Coychurch, Bridgend CF35 6AB

Followed by Wake at: Heronston Hotel & Spa, Ewenny Road, Bridgend, Cardiff, CF35 5AW.
Paddy Kelly
Forum Member

Re: ROY HODGKINSON MBE (RWE - BRIDGEND)

Post by Paddy Kelly »

It was with deep regret that I received news from Roy's daughter that he had passed away on 28th December 2023.

I first met Roy when I joined the Home Office [Direcorate of Tels.] as a new Wireless Technician to be based at Bridgend in 1969. He was then an SWT [Senior Wireless Technician] in charge of the Welsh Region Installation Team - so always on the move doing tasks throughout the Welsh region for all the emergency services and government [GCN] - so a bit of a "fleeting" figure at that time.

My memories of Roy are that he normally had a smile on his face and that he always had time to talk with colleagues and friends. The Dtels team at Bridgend generally blended well together with social events involving their partners normally held at least once a year at which Roy and Beryl would attend.

Roy was not only a good "Boss" for many of us, but also a valued friend for many of the Dtels staff based not only in the Wales region but throughout the Directorate.

Rest in Peace Roy - you will be missed by many.

Paddy Kelly
Steven Cole
Site Admin

ROY HODGKINSON MBE (RWE - BRIDGEND)

Post by Steven Cole »

It is with regret to announce that Paddy Kelly emailed me today to say that Roy Hodgkinson has passed away. Funeral and other details will be posted to this forum when information is forthcoming.

A personal article written by Roy giving details of his background and time in the Directorate can be viewed here.