MALCOLM LOCKWOOD (WESTERN SALES EXECUTIVE)

This section contains announcements and postings relating to ex-DTELS members of staff who's death has been notified to this forum.
Steven Cole
Site Admin

MALCOLM LOCKWOOD (WESTERN SALES EXECUTIVE)

Post by Steven Cole »

It is with regret to announce that Alan Wood contacted me to say that Malcolm Lockwood passed away on 3rd May 2021 after a short illness. He died of heart failure following pneumonia at the age of 78 and had been suffering from COPD for 6-8 years. The funeral service was held at St. John the Baptist Church, Wolverley, followed by cremation at Wyre Forest Crematorium. He leaves a wife (Julia), daughter (Georgina) and grandchildren (Thomas and Hannah).

Malcolm moved to Romsley as a CWT in 1986 on promotion from Kippax and was based there until he took promotion as a Sales Executive with the new DTELS business group in the early 1990s, which ultimately was based at the new HQ Ruddington, where he was responsible for securing new clients in the Western Region. He left DTELS at the age of 51 and worked for 3 different companies, including Alcatel, where he travelled abroad regularly until he retired at the age of 59. During his retirement he was a member and secretary of the Kidderminster Male Choir.

L-R: Jackie Poole, Michael Price, Malcolm Lockwood

Webmaster Comment
Malcolm was one of two SWT's based at Bradford Detachment when I took up the role of SWT at Sheffield in September 1979. For a period of time he was also a nominated union representative for Health & Safety matters in the Kippax Region. I believe he was made an acting CWT some time after I transferred to Weyhill on promotion in March 1983.