CLIVE WANKLING (LONDON REGION)

This section contains announcements and postings relating to ex-DTELS members of staff who's death has been notified to this forum.
Steven Cole
Site Admin

Funeral Online Access

Post by Steven Cole »

An update from Clive's Family to Bipin Thanki:

The funeral service will be available online to pay your respects and is to be held on on Tuesday 14th Dec at 11:00am. Please use the following link:

Weblink: Orbitus
Username: nacu6017
Password: 890487

The website recommends logging in five minutes before hand to ensure access etc.
Steven Cole
Site Admin

Funeral Update

Post by Steven Cole »

An update from Bipin Thanki:

"The family have contacted him to say the funeral will take place on Tuesday14th December at 11:00am and attendance limited to family only. It's not known if the service will be made available online."
Steven Cole
Site Admin

Re: CLIVE WANKLING (LONDON REGION)

Post by Steven Cole »

Thanks to Bipin Thanki for the following update:

"People can make donations in Clive’s memory here JustGiving.

I understand the funeral has been arranged for 14th December, although I haven’t been given any details. I also understand they want to keep it to close family only as they want to protect several vulnerable elderly folk. I'll send a further update if I find out anymore".
Steven Cole
Site Admin

CLIVE WANKLING (LONDON REGION)

Post by Steven Cole »

It is with regret to announce that Bipin Thanki has contacted me to say Clive Wankling passed away yesterday morning. It is understood that Clive had contracted Covid during the last week of October and subsequently ended up in hospital where his condition got worse until his untimely death yesterday. He leaves a mother, sister and brother.

Text from Bipin Thanki
"Clive joined the Home Office mid 70’s at CCE Harrow, then moved to Rochester Row, Vauxhall Walk and then Nine Elms. He left Arqiva during the early redundancy rounds. He was an avid Amateur Radio Ham (G6DOF), Computer whizz, guitarist, gardener etc. etc. He followed weather satellites, downloaded weather charts, monitored everything to do with the Space research station. He ran several Facebook (FB) pages and was very interested in old UK maps and had also traced his family history and posted old photos regularly. FB will certainly be an empty place without him!

I knew Clive from CCE Harrow, he worked in London Region whilst I worked in EPS. Later after CCE closed, I worked at Stanmore and then Rochester Row. He was my line manager at Vauxhall Walk for a while and after a change around we had common line managers. He was offered redundancy when he around 50, an offer he couldn’t refuse so he retired. Born in Harrow but moved to Raleigh late 90s and lived with his mother. His dad died when he was quite young"

Further details will be posted on this forum as they become known.

Webmaster Note:
This is such sad news. It is understood that Clive had been double vaccinated so to claim the life of someone so quickly who was only in their mid sixties and had a zest for life is a stark reminder during the pandemic that we live in challenging times and must remain vigilant.

Image Image