RON MEAD (WT - SHAPWICK)

This section contains announcements and postings relating to ex-DTELS members of staff who's death has been notified to this forum.
peelb
Forum Member

Re: RON MEAD (WT - SHAPWICK)

Post by peelb »

It’s with great sadness that I learnt today of the passing of a true gentleman Ron Mead. Ron and I used to share a car together when I first started at Shapwick and he shared many stories of the old sweats that worked there. I would often bump into him in town but sadly our paths went separate ways after he retired. RIP old fella sorry I was not able to do it with the rest.
Steven Cole
Site Admin

Message from Lizzy Twose

Post by Steven Cole »

I attended Ron Mead's funeral this afternoon, my Andy was unable to attend as he tested positive for Covid in the morning, I tested negative so went along to the Crematorium.

Mike Long was asked to say something about Ron and his work at Shapwick. I gave him some of my recollections. Also attending was Andy Cuckow, Tony Audcent, Bob Bessant, Dave Humphreys and John Samuels.

RIP a true gentleman in every sense of the word.

Lizzy
9th July 2022
Steven Cole
Site Admin

RON MEAD (WT - SHAPWICK)

Post by Steven Cole »

It is with regret to announce that Lizzy Twose contacted me today to say that Ron Mead went into hospital over two weeks ago with a chest infection and sadly passed away shortly afterwards. Ron only ever wished to live the remainder of his life in his home in Burnham on Sea.

Ron's son, Graham, contacted Lizzy earlier today to give her the information regarding his father's funeral details, which are as follows:

The service will take place at Sedgemoor Crematorium on FRIDAY 8th July at 1400 hrs. There will be refreshments after the service at "The Orchard Inn" 102 Church Road, Highbridge, TA9 3SA. Graham has requested that those people who knew Ron and wished to attend the service and get-together afterwards contact Lizzy as soon as possible.

Webmaster Note:
If you don't have Lizzy's contact details but wish to attend the service then please use the feedback form and I'll pass on your details to Lizzy who will then reply to you directly.

Ron Mead taken at the Shapwick Reunion in Somerset on Saturday 26th September 2015