No.33 - 28th June 2022

Webmaster letters previously published on DTELS.Org
Steven Cole
Site Admin

No.33 - 28th June 2022

Post by Steven Cole »

Romsley Depot Site Sale

Recently, a couple of people wrote to me drawing attention to the auction being held to sell the Romsley Depot site on behalf of its former owners, Arqiva, at a guide price of £500,000. The site is understood to have been sold on 14th June at a hammer price of £870,000 and its future usage is not known.

I, like a number of my former colleagues started their career in the Directorate at Romsley Depot and no doubt have fond memories of their time there. The sale marks the end of an era at that location. Of the nine regional depots dating back to the 1940s I believe that now leaves Marley Hill, Billinge, Cranbrook, Chevely and Hannington remaining and in private ownership.

Westminster Abbey Garden
Concert & Summer Get-Together
Wednesday 10th August 2022

Bob Sui has contacted me to say the Westminster Abbey garden concerts are being held again this year. For those of you who attended past concerts (eg: 2010) its an opportunity of having a get-together with former DTELS colleagues, whilst bringing your own picnic lunch and listening to the brass band.

Bob has suggested for those of you who fancy a trip to London and attend the get-together to meet in the Abbey Gardens from midday onwards on Wednesday 10th August 2022 where the Enfield Brass Band are scheduled to play from 12:30-14:00 hrs.

Details of the venue can be found by clicking on this link. There is no entry charge but donations are appreciated.

Please be advised there is no co-ordinator for this event but Bob Sui, Colin & Patricia Poyton will be there so look out for them.

... and Finally
Please continue to visit this site, particularly the forum to view new postings and see updates on this home page.

Wishing you all the best and hope you have an enjoyable summer.

Kind Regards

Steven Cole
Webmaster