No.31 - 2nd December 2010

Webmaster letters previously published on DTELS.Org
Steven Cole
Site Admin

No.31 - 2nd December 2010

Post by Steven Cole »

Nearly One Year On
Here we are again, with Christmas festivities and razzmatazz just round the corner it doesn?t seem like nearly one year ago since I wrote my last rambling to say I was taking a break from updating this site to pursue other personal interests.

For me this year commenced with long awaited heart surgery in February. Then my elder daughter Rebecca announced in May that she had married her boyfriend of nine years, Matt, at a simple romantic ceremony at a remote Scottish west-coast location - I now find myself writing a second ?father-of-the-bride? speech to be given at the deferred wedding party being held later next week, my younger daughter having got married last year.

Travel and fulfilling a few personal ambitions remained a priority, which included attending this years Glastonbury Festival, touring North-West Scotland and visiting Sorrento, Vesuvius and nearby ruins such as Pompeii. I hope 2010 was a happy and healthy year for you.

DTELS Winter Reunion
The current spate of bad weather threatened to put a damper on this years reunion. However, as stated in the opposite column the event will still take place and Lynn and I look forward to seeing all of you who booked on the 7th.

Pictures from this event will be posted to this site in Mid-January.

December Update
During the year I received a number of articles for the web site and have decided to publish these in two consecutive monthly updates. In this month?s update I?m grateful to the following contributors:

John Leary for two articles entitled ?British Grand Prix? and ?That Eureka Moment?

Roy Tichelli for the extensive account of his two year assignment to Qatar during the mid-1970?s entitled ?Two Years in Doha and One Week in London?

Brian Southcott for two photographs of storm damage at the Lands End site.

Chris Sturgeon for two photographs of CCE Harrow from 1988.

Articles for Publishing on the Site
As ever I welcome DTELS related articles for publishing on this site. In particular personal recollection articles. I know many of you have enjoyed these trips down memory lane, so please do your bit to record a bit of history and send your articles by email to:

Next Update
The next update will be published around mid-January 2011 with articles from Graham Dean, Brian Southcott and Alan Wood and memories from Lawrie Atkinson of the original Headquarters at Rooms 6&7 before Horseferry House.

...and finally
Until my next webmaster rambling in January 2011 may I wish you a
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.