No.30 - 18th January 2010

Webmaster letters previously published on DTELS.Org
Steven Cole
Site Admin

No.30 - 18th January 2010

Post by Steven Cole »

Time to Reflect
Since it?s launch in October 2004 the site has significantly expanded from the germ of an idea I had to record some of the history and people associated with the Directorate following the organisation trade sale to NTL in March 1994. During five years of updates I remain indebted to the many former DTELS staff and others for providing site content, which otherwise would have been based solely on my personal archives and memories. A list of content contributors can be found on the acknowledgement page.

However, as reported in past webmaster ramblings, sourcing of new content has been a key problem. I am now of the view what content survived the trade sale has either been published, lost/destroyed over time or remains with people who may not be aware of this site?s existence. Assuming little DTELS generated material remains to be published, one feature that would still add value to this site is the submission of more personal recollection articles, there are currently 27 in the library. From the feedback received to-date, I know many of you have enjoyed these trips down memory lane, so please do your bit to record a bit of history and send your articles by email to Steven Cole.

2010 Break
As the availability of new content is at an all-time low, making meaningful site updates impractical, I have decided to take a one year break and pursue other personal interests and some outstanding DIY projects. Hopefully, during the intervening period, more articles with be forthcoming for publication on this site in 2011.

Please continue to visit this site during 2010, particularly the forum for new postings and this home page for updated information regarding DTELS reunions.

...and finally
Until my next webmaster rambling in December 2010, I wish you good health, happiness and fortune during the year.