Time Out Magazine Station Z Article

Topics to this forum should be confined to discussion relating to HQ or geographically located groups/sections that were considered to be part of HQ. Locations for this pupose are classed as CCE Harrow, Horseferry House, Rochester Row, Ruddington, Stanmore, Weedon and Weyhill (Maintenance Planning Group).
Steven Cole
Site Admin

Time Out Magazine Station Z Article

Post by Steven Cole »

In early January 2006, Alan Copperwaite sent me an email drawing my attention to the fact that the extract from the Harrow Observer referring to Harrow and 'Station Z' was derived from an article in Time Out by Duncan Campbell, who was doing various exposures of Civil Defence issues at that time.

Recently, I wrote to Time Out requesting permission to place a copy of the magazine article, dated 21-27 March 1980, on DTELS Forum.

However, I have been advised that permission cannot be granted at the moment due to the fact that Duncan Cambell was a freelance writer at the time and there is a complication and uncertainty regarding freelancers rights/copyright. The situation is somewhat confused when looking on a government sponsored website regarding UK Intellectual Property.

With this in mind, I have chosen not to persue the matter further at this stage.