MARK ATHERTON (CRANBROOK)

This section contains announcements and postings relating to ex-DTELS members of staff who's death has been notified to this forum.
Steven Cole
Site Admin

Farewell

Post by Steven Cole »

I'm grateful to Bipin Thanki for contacting me to say he attended Marks' funeral and wake on Friday 24th September along with a few former colleagues from Telent and Arqiva. The following notice was posted on Mark's facebook page:

Bipin Thanki
Forum Member

Re: MARK ATHERTON (CRANBROOK)

Post by Bipin Thanki »

It's been a shock to hear about Mark's demise. He had been working at Telent, serving customers like the HMCA and RNLI. He had recently retired due to a recurring back problem. During our working lives we both looked after common customers so met often and remember the social times spent whilst attending residential training courses and meetings etc. He will be sadly missed by all who ever worked with him.
Steven Cole
Site Admin

MARK ATHERTON (CRANBROOK)

Post by Steven Cole »

It is with regret to announce that I have been notified by Bipin Thanki that Mark Atherton passed away suddenly on Wednesday 18th August 2021. He leaves two young daughters, his wife is understood to have passed away a few years earlier.

The following notice was placed on Mark's Facebook site by his brother giving details of the funeral arrangements.

Mark Atherton