BOB MILLER (MARLEY HILL)

This section contains announcements and postings relating to ex-DTELS members of staff who's death has been notified to this forum.
Steven Cole
Site Admin

BOB MILLER (MARLEY HILL)

Post by Steven Cole »

From Bob Witherspoon. I regret to announce the death of Bob Miller.

Bob's daughter, Julie, came across my name and telephone number amongst Bob's papers and rang me in the hope that I had worked with him. Before moving to Durham Detachment, I lived in one of the Home Office houses in Whaggs Lane, Whickham and it was Bob that moved in when I went to Durham to live.

After the DTels sell off the Durham Workshop staff were returned to Marley Hill and I transferred on to the County Team where Bob had worked for a while. Bob was left to keep the County PMs ticking over while I, along with a few others, sorted out the faults that came in. Before working on the County schemes he had worked for a few years at the Seaton Burn workshops, which looked after Northumbria Police, Northumberland Fire, and 2 or 3 HMPYOIs

Details of his death as published on the Evening Chronicle website are reproduced as follows: -

MILLER, BOB - 6th November 2010, MILLER (Whickham). Peacefully at home on 6th November 2010, aged 69 years, Bob, devoted dad of Caroline, Robert and Julie, also a loving grandad of Zoe, Adam, Oliver, Riley and Brandon. Would friends please meet for service at Spoor Methodist Church, Whickham on Wednesday 17th November at 10.00am, followed by interment in Garden House Cemetery.