BARRY MORRIS (CWT - HEADQUARTERS)

This section contains announcements and postings relating to ex-DTELS members of staff who's death has been notified to this forum.
Steven Cole
Site Admin

Comments from John Perry

Post by Steven Cole »

Just trawling through site and noticed the death of Barry Morris. Barry was always a joy to work with at Weyhill having not lost that working touch that so many of the employees lost when they achieved promotion.

Another side of him not many knew about was that he became one of my assistants during my Fireworking career, helping on many displays that we did for Pains Fireworks and Skyfires Fireworks. Barry, with Wally Taylor, was dependable, never flapping, always cool and unflustered. I have many pleasant memories of us working together at Weyhill and away from that environment.

My thought go out to his family who I met several times, but sadly lost touch with when Wehill closed.
Steven Cole
Site Admin

Funeral Information

Post by Steven Cole »

Posted on behalf of Lawrie Atkinson

Barry's funeral will be held at 11:45am on Thursday 1st March 2018 at Swindon Crematorium. Family flowers and wreaths only. However donations to the Salisbury hospice would be appreciated.

Any and all former work colleagues and friends are invited to attend and details of any gathering afterwards will be announced at the ceremony.
Steven Cole
Site Admin

BARRY MORRIS (CWT - HEADQUARTERS)

Post by Steven Cole »

It is with sad regret to announce the death of Barry Morris who died peacefully from pancreatic cancer during the last week of January 2018 at the Salisbury Hospice. Barry, who was based at Weyhill Maintenance Unit for many years before taking a post as CWT in HQ, leaves a wife and three daughters. It is understood his funeral will be held in Swindon, details to be announced on this page when known.