MICHAEL D. PRICE

This section contains announcements and postings relating to ex-DTELS members of staff who's death has been notified to this forum.
Graham Dean
Forum Member

Post by Graham Dean »

I've only just seen the notification about Mick and it has shocked and saddened me. I'm sorry to have missed his funeral. We were at Ruddington together although in different sections. Mick was a really great bloke and, as has already been said, a gentleman. Never one to raise his voice he got the job done with quiet efficiency making his point effectively and without fuss.

We exchanged Christmas Cards each year, since leaving Ruddington, and I have been wondering why I did not receive one in 2008. Mick's illness explains that.

If I remember correctly, Mick had at least one daughter and my heart goes out to her/them. I'm sure they will miss him tremendously. I wish them well.

Graham Dean.
Alan Grove
Forum Member

Mick Price - A Tribute

Post by Alan Grove »

Peter Wakefield contacted me today with the sad news about Mick.

I had the pleasure of working with him for a number of years at Horseferry House. My work in the UHF Planning Section brought me into contact with Mick on a regular basis. Initially this was when he worked in Brian Albon's Site Planning Section. Later this continued when he moved to Customer Liason.

In addition to duties at Horseferry House, we also made a number of field trips together.

Whatever the location or circumstance, Mick was always a pleasure to be with. He was an easy person to work with and his dry sense of humour was often a timely and welcome relief. As Steve has already put it - a gentleman.

Sadly, as is so often the case, our paths diverged in later years and we lost touch with each other. I regret not having one last pint with him, but at least there are memories of a good friend and colleague.

Rest in peace, Mick.

Alan Grove
Steven Cole
Site Admin

MICHAEL D. PRICE

Post by Steven Cole »

It is with sad regret to announce that DTELS.org has learnt from Michael Leigh of the early death of Michael Price, believed to have been due to a long standing brain tumour. The funeral is understood to be on Thursday 26th February 2009. If anyone has more information, please e-mail the Webmaster.

WEBMASTER NOTE
I was saddened to hear of Michael's untimely death. Our paths often crossed when I was visiting Horseferry House during the 1980's or attending Customer Liaison Meetings. During the two years from 1992 we often had regular contact as both of us by then were based in HQ following the relocation to Nottingham. As far as I can recall, he was attached to Marketing Section for the duration of the two years that HQ remained at that site.

During the time I knew Michael, he was ever the gentleman, fountain of knowledge and a really nice chap to know. Sadly, I lost contact with him after the Trade Sale to NTL in 1994.