PETER THOMPSON (CWT CRANBROOK)

This section contains announcements and postings relating to ex-DTELS members of staff who's death has been notified to this forum.
Steven Cole
Site Admin

PETER THOMPSON (CWT CRANBROOK)

Post by Steven Cole »

It is with sad regret to announce that DTELS.org has been advised that Peter (TOM) Thompson passed away on Christmas Day. The funeral was held at Vinters Park Crematorium in Maidstone on Wednesday 6th January 2010. He was survived by his wife (Doris) and son (David).

Peter was a great guy and one who I have always considered as a friend of long standing. He joined DTELS after a long career in the RAF attaining the rank of Chief Technician at the time of his retirement. We worked as Technicians at the Northampton Detachment and got on famously and never to my recollection ever having any disagreement about anything. He was very keen on football and at the time we were together he was a registered football referee with the FA, officiating at minor league matches.

Our career paths separated when I went to Stanton on promotion to SWT and he eventually moved to Cranbrook again on promotion. I believe but cannot swear that he was eventually promoted to CWT, again at Cranbrook. He had a son David by his first wife who I believe still lives and works in the Maidstone area. His first wife Doreen was a great friend of my wife and I and died I think of cancer, I never had the pleasure of meeting his second wife.