ROGER TUCKLEY (AREA MANAGER)

This section contains announcements and postings relating to ex-DTELS members of staff who's death has been notified to this forum.
Fred Cornish
Forum Member

Re: ROGER TUCKLEY (AREA MANAGER)

Post by Fred Cornish »

I worked for many years with Roger and had great respect for him. We first met when he was posted to Cranbrook. We became close work collegues and I spent many happy hours in his company. He was a rough diamond but beneath the hard exterior there was a heart of gold. He was a straight talker and expected others to be straight and honest with him.
When Roger had trust in you there was nothing he would not do for you.
It was a great shock to me when I was informed of his death. He will be surely missed by all who knew him.
Steven Cole
Site Admin

Re: Tribute from Richard Sanders

Post by Steven Cole »

The following message is posted on behalf of Richard Sanders

I was very surprised and saddened to read of Roger Tuckley's death. We met on his appointment to SWT in the Harrow Workshop of London Region. His robust management style was greatly appreciated by our customers and he quickly forged very strong relationships with London Fire Brigade, No 9 Regional Crime Squad and Metropolitan Police Protection Squad staff.

Totally dedicated, and highly motivated, his rapid progression to Area Manager was well deserved. In spite of my best efforts, he could not be persuaded to join us at NTL, instead taking up a post with London Fire Brigade as Comms Officer.

It is a great shame that he did not live to enjoy a long and well deserved retirement.
Steven Cole
Site Admin

ROGER TUCKLEY (AREA MANAGER)

Post by Steven Cole »

Originally posted on DTELS Home Page dated 20th October 2011

It is with regret to announce the untimely death of Roger Tuckley at the age of 65 who suffered a heart attack and passed away on Sunday 2nd October. After the closure of DTELS in 1994 Roger eventually went on to become the Head of Radio Services at London Fire Brigade before retiring on the 13th July 2011.

His funeral took place on Monday 10th October 2011 at Breakspear Crematorium followed by a get-together in the Ruislip area.

Last edited by Steven Cole on Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.