Who's on the site?

This forum should be confined to people who wish to re-establish contact with former DTELS colleagues and friends.

NOTE: please respect privacy regarding the distribution of sensitive contact detail within these forum pages as some individuals may not wish to have such information broadcast on the internet.
Graham Keens
Forum Member

Llangollen narrows

Post by Graham Keens »

Graham said about his Llangollen canal trip " It was a bit hairy where the canal narrows for long stretches and boats can't pass. Not as relaxing as people say, I thought. "

I've learnt how to deal with that one, I sent the Mrs up ahead on foot with a 2 way radio ;^)

Have a look at <http://www.jannock.org.uk> to see what my hobby is.

I'll keep in touch.

Graham
Best Regards

Graham
Graham Dean
Forum Member

Ex RHers

Post by Graham Dean »

Hi Graham,

If the game was on tv I bet the pubs weren't deserted!

About 8 years ago we hired a barge from Nantwich and did the LLangollen trip and back in a week. It was a bit hairy where the canal narrows for long stretches and boats can't pass. Not as relaxing as people say, I thought.

My mobile is 07899 803421 and I look forward to seeing you if you can make it.

Ex RHers - Gordon Wyatt retired with ill-health a few years ago and is living in Bridgend. The last I heard of Phil Toogood he was something like the Radio Project Manager with TVP at Kidlington. I deal with them but not Phil. I believe Conrad Pennington passed away a good while ago.

Regards

Graham.
Graham Keens
Forum Member

Nice to hear from you Graham!

Post by Graham Keens »

Yes, I've been through Nantwich. Last memorable time was when England were playing on Whitsun Bank Holiday Monday in 2002. It was deserted. Going to do the Basingstoke canal this year if there is enough water.

I'm still hunting around for any more ex-RH-ers.

I'm on 07831100432. Text me your number and I'll call you next time I'm going to be in the area.

Regards

Graham
Best Regards

Graham
Graham Dean
Forum Member

Ex RHers

Post by Graham Dean »

Hi Dave (Rumens) & Graham (Keens)

Another ex RHer signing on. It was good to see the photos of Hannington you took Dave, even the outside of our offices! Vic Chisman left TVP HQ, Kidlington, a good while ago. They bought stables in Scotland where his wife runs a riding school and Vic was doing contract rigging work. That was the last I heard but things could have changed since then.

I noticed that some of your boating photos were at Market Drayton, Graham, and I feel sure you must have passed through Nantwich. If you are here again let me know and I'll let you buy me a pint in my local, just down the road from the canal. It's probably a couple of years ago that our paths last crossed when I was processing a site sharing application from you, on behalf of Vodafone.

I've rabitted on a bit, to say it's my first post, so I'll leave it at that for now.

All the best.

Graham Dean.
Bob Swann
Forum Member

Hi Dave

Post by Bob Swann »

Hi Dave

Time does fly

Yes I had the Byke out yesterday morning First time for about 4 months I retired March 91 and I think I am so busy I do not know how I found time to go to work.But I am enjoying life. Bob
David Rumens
Forum Member

Post by David Rumens »

Hi Bob,

Nice to hear from you, yes still around and three years to go before I retire. Time just flies.

Hope your cycling is still going well.

Regards

Dave
Bob Swann
Forum Member

Hi Dave

Post by Bob Swann »

Hi Dave
Glad to see your are still with us I posted something for you by mistake on Bill Knox's Post

Hope to see you some time

Cheers

Bob swann
David Rumens
Forum Member

Post by David Rumens »

Graham, many thanks for the update on the RH-ers. Lets hope some turn up on the list.

Its good to hear you are still with Vodafone as 95% of the people I knew there have now left.

I also moved on and am now working for the MoD as a Project Manager along with an ex member of Weyhill MPG, its small world.

Keep in touch

Dave
Graham Keens
Forum Member

I'm still in Newbury :cry:

Post by Graham Keens »

... although I am still living in the same house that I moved into when I transferred to Aylesbury outstation in '82. Not bad .... 23 years in the same house. Pretty rare nowadays.

Hope you are well. Where are you gainfully employed now? I'm still at Paknet/Vodafone.

As far as ex RH-ers go, I understood that Vic Chisman was at TVP Kidlington, Ian Doig went to the RA and was last heard of doing ETSI things in the South of France. Vic Sowerbutts has left the RA according to a recent contact at Ofcom RIS. Paul Edwards (Guildford OS) is still at Vodafone. Betty (stores) was last heard of at the time of her redundancy when the MOD depot at Thatcham closed, I was told she was living in Swindon area. Steve Millin is still with the MOD at Portland, although travelling around a bit more now. I last heard that Norman Smith was a Lab Technician at Basingstoke College but I've never managed to catch up with him.

What more can I say, you have my knowledge now :lol: for what it's worth.

Keep it oil-tight.

Graham
Best Regards

Graham
David Rumens
Forum Member

Post by David Rumens »

Hi Graham, no info on Norman, Tom or any of the ex RH-ers. Yes it would be good to make contact with the others, lets hope the list increases in size.

I still have the Herald but am not working in Newbury, Vodafone, these days hence its disappearance from the area on working days. Take it you are still working in the Newbury area.

If I hear anything about the others I will post it.

Nice to hear from you.

Regards

Dave
Graham Keens
Forum Member

Who's on the site

Post by Graham Keens »

Hello Dave and any other ex RH-ers

Graham here .... I was pointed to the site when I met Bipin at Gatport Airwick today. Small world eh? Haven't seen the Herald around Newbury recently. :(

I was at Hannington (78-82) Aylesbury (82-84) and Harrow (84-86)

Anybody heard anything from Norman Smith or Tom Chandler?
Best Regards

Graham
David Rumens
Forum Member

Post by David Rumens »

John,

Happy Christmas, nice to hear from a member of the old firm.

Dave
Lytham2
Forum Member

Hello All - Merry Xmas

Post by Lytham2 »

Merry Christmas to all

Im still around too !

Ex WT @ Penrith and NAMU Kippax . .

Best Wishes

John
Steven Cole
Site Admin

Post by Steven Cole »

Hello Dave,

Welcome to the forum, you have the dubious pleasure of being the first person to submit a post to this forum after I set it up the other day.

Hopefully, others will follow your lead shortly.

Steven....
David Rumens
Forum Member

Who's on the site?

Post by David Rumens »

I am still around :) I wonder who else is ?

Regards

Dave Rumens
Ex Cranbrook, Hannington & Weyhill. Hmm- And I guess Vodafone.