MARTIN LYNCH (SWT - ROMSLEY)

This section contains announcements and postings relating to ex-DTELS members of staff who's death has been notified to this forum.
turnerj
Forum Member

Re: MARTIN LYNCH (SWT - ROMSLEY)

Post by turnerj »

I'm afraid I haven't visited this site for a while, and I'm sad to learn that Martin passed away last year.
I worked for Martin at Leek Wootton between 1990 and 1994 when he was SWT there, and he was a pleasure to work for - an honest, dedicated Manager who would readily roll up his sleeves and support his staff.
Martin Swift RY67
Forum Member

Re: MARTIN LYNCH (SWT - ROMSLEY)

Post by Martin Swift RY67 »

Martin and myself started at Romsley within a few weeks of each other in 1974, he was due to move to Duke St and I was to stay at RY, but for travelling convenience we swapped places. He joined RY from the RN where latterly he had been a comms tech on the Ark Royal, with many stories to tell...! After a year I was back at RY and we worked alongside each other for many years, both on the WARC installation teams and at one stage as 2-of-5-Martins working on the major WMP Control of Resource project when he was the SWT/TTE2 at Aston. After the loss of the WMP contract he left on redundancy, rejoining us later as an administrator at RY, again in the next office.

Martin was one of the nicest, friendliest, hardest-working people I have ever met and it was a real pleasure to work with him. He will be missed.
Steven Cole
Site Admin

MARTIN LYNCH (SWT - ROMSLEY)

Post by Steven Cole »

It is with regret to announce Martin Swift has notified me that Martin Lynch passed away peacefully on 12th January 2015,
age 68. He leaves a wife, children, grandchildren and brother. A service was held at St Peters Church, Bartley Green on Tuesday 27th January 2015 at 11 am followed by cremation at Lodge Hill Crematorium at 12.30 pm.

No other details are known at the time of this posting.