Redundancies now we are ARQIVA

This is presently the catch-all forum for discussion not covered by the other topics!
Steven Cole
Site Admin

Process of Evolution

Post by Steven Cole »

Thanks for the update Karl. I agree with Dave's sentiment that there is life after, it just takes a while for all concerned to re-adjust to the changes. In the case of those who were made redundant, it can offer the real opportunity to take up new challenges, or pursue other interests that may well end up being more personally rewarding, perhaps well away from telecommunications.

Redundancies are never welcome, but I guess it was ineviable in Arquiva given o2's current market position in Public Safety compared to when NTL took over DTELS in 1994.....

Steven....
David Rumens
Forum Member

Post by David Rumens »

There is life after, I went the same way from DTELS but things worked out ok for me

You will be ok as skill people are always wanted.

Regards
Dave R.
rooster aka K Chadwick
Forum Member

Post by rooster aka K Chadwick »

Hi all. Below is a list of names of the collegues that have moved on, or been made redundant.

Stuart Powel (T)(R)
Joe Morris (T)(R)
Jim Doyle (T)(R)
Ian Rutter (IE)(R)
Mark De La Mare (T)(N)
Brendan Kinnahan (T)(N)
Malcom Mynott (T)(N)
Roy Bradley (T)(R)
Greg Moss (T)(N)

R = Redundant
N = Gone to Networks
T = Technician
IE = Installation Engineer

Sadly, these were all great guys to work with and will be missed by the staff at Billinge LSC.
Good luck all.

Karl
Roll on redundancy's
rooster aka K Chadwick
Forum Member

Redundancies now we are ARQIVA

Post by rooster aka K Chadwick »

I have been off work around two months now due to stress/depression ( I also broke my Scafoid in my wrist through this)
I had a phone call today from a fellow work mate giving me the Gossip.
I knew that redundancies were on the agenda, as I put in for VR, but was refused :cry: :cry: .
Today I found out that 4 collegues are off to new pastures within the company and 5 others are to be made redundant. 4 Technicians and 1 Installation Engineer ( same as me).
I don't know if I will be able to list names here, but if I can, I will update as soon as possible as there are some long time employed (pre NTL) about to go and some of you may know them.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Roll on redundancy's