Appeal For Help

This is presently the catch-all forum for discussion not covered by the other topics!
Brian Hill
Forum Member

Re: Manchester Office Lead

Post by Brian Hill »

Steven Cole wrote:Thanks for the possible lead Bob. The regional offices were a bit of a mystery to me as I never had direct dealings with them. One name I seem to remember was Laurie Atkinson, who I think worked out of Manchester Office - would it be him by any chance?

Steven.....
Hi Folks, Laurie is a Londoner, never worked in Manchester. Still about somewhere. Tony Armstrong did the aerial working for RN. Transferred to Brit Trans Police then retired up near Doncaster.

Brian
David Rumens
Forum Member

Welcome

Post by David Rumens »

Welcome Mike, and a Happy New Year.

Regards

Dave
Michael_Prescott
Forum Member

Shipley

Post by Michael_Prescott »

I visited this site and English Herritage are trying to restore the site. So they require radio room equipment layout diagrams and routing info. There are some black and white photo's, but little else.

I was mainly involved with RN1/4 and F490 series, been to quite a few of these types of sites in the past on in the NW England.

From these people I heard about this web site/forum

Best regards,

Mike
Steven Cole
Site Admin

Post by Steven Cole »

Thanks for the info Dave. I'll follow this up if York still require more assistance. I'll drop them a note and see how they are getting on.

Steven....
David Rumens
Forum Member

Dave Allen

Post by David Rumens »

Steve,

Dave Allen's call sign was G3IPZ.

Regards
Dave
Steven Cole
Site Admin

Post by Steven Cole »

Hello John :D

Thanks for the memory jog regarding Dave Allen. I believe that I may have been able to help English Heritage following a discussion I had with Steve Johnson a couple of months ago. Apparently, Steve had worked for a while on the RN2 project and may be able to help the chaps at York and has since contacted them by email.

Steven....
John Crossfield
Forum Member

Post by John Crossfield »

Hi Bob and Steven

During my time on CD/Radiac one of the people in the Manchester office was Dave Allen. He was a licenced radio amature but I cant remember the call sign.

Regards
John.
Steven Cole
Site Admin

Manchester Office Lead

Post by Steven Cole »

Thanks for the possible lead Bob. The regional offices were a bit of a mystery to me as I never had direct dealings with them. One name I seem to remember was Laurie Atkinson, who I think worked out of Manchester Office - would it be him by any chance?

Steven.....
peelb
Forum Member

Post by peelb »

Hi Steve

I can't remember the project officers name - I know he worked out of the Manchester Office - and he stayed with the Home Office when we became DTELS

Regards

Bob
Steven Cole
Site Admin

Post by Steven Cole »

Hi Bob

I was contacted some weeks ago on the subject by Region 2 co-ordinator, but so far after contacting a number of people I have had no success in finding anyone with knowledge of RN2 systems relating to RGHQ/UKWMO.

Can you recall who was the project officer for RN2?

Unfortunately, I cannot help you in respect of the course notes as I never had any dealings with the equipment in question.

Steven....
peelb
Forum Member

Appeal For Help

Post by peelb »

English Heritage are renovating one of the holes in the ground at Shipton near York - they have asked my help in renovating the communications room - what I am after is any copies of the RN1/RN2 notes you may still have in particular any of the supplimentary info I used to hand out especially info on the Pye RN2 installation and its two channel unit - any info would be useful even your personnel experiences of the system.
It is the intention of English Heritage to open this site as a museum.

Regards

Bob peel